Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Restoran Gafan

Hubby came and brought me out for lunch today. We went to Sec 17, food court (next to the market) for lunch. One of the stalls there which is manned by an Indonesian lady sells good mixed rice. They have my favourite – sambal potato. The potatos are thinly sliced and then fried. Then she cooks it with sambal. It’s one of her best seller, I think, ‘cause everytime I go there, that dish is either sold out or she has very little left or she has a pot under her table which she says is reserved. Anyway, we didn’t have a chance to eat it today as she was closed. So, hubby drove to Paramount instead. Not sure of what to eat, we ended up eating at a place which we always say we must try – It’s new!

‘Restoran Gafan’

The menu says they have 10 different kinds of claypot chicken rice. You can see from the menu they have vegetable and also steam soup. Anyway, we ordered the ‘sausage chicken rice’ for 2 pax and a lotus root with peanut soup. I must say, service was slow. Waited ½ hr for my chicken rice and there was not even a crowd. There was only another table which ordered before us. Finally, the food came and I was ready to tuck in as the smell was ‘heavenly’. The rice was a bit dry for my liking. Claypot chicken rice as I remember always has this ‘sweetish taste and a bit wet’ but this was lacking in it. Sausage chicken rice for two, 1 lotus root and peanut soup and two cold Chinese tea – RM19.00.



No comments: