Monday, October 8, 2012

Bread

Sunday, after fetching the kids from Sunday School, we went to see an 'Old friend'. She is very dear to me and recently her grandaughter told me that she has not been well. So I made it a point to visit her as weekdays was out of the question. Anway, she was chirpy as usual and it was good to see her.

On the way home, asked hubby to drop me at Carrefour as I wanted to pick up some stuffs. Wanted to try baking a BREAD. Got all my stuffs and quickly went home. I have a cake mixer at home. I have used it many times to mix doughs for cakes, biscuits, etc but I have not tried to use it to knead with the 'curly kneader' (don't know what it's called). Mixed all the ingredients in the mixer, and I on the mixer. It was going fine, until I noticed the dough all stuck to the 'curly kneader and going upwards until it was going to spill out from the mixer bowl. I quickly, off the switch, pushed the dough down and started again. Again the same thing happened over and over again. Anyone knows why? Finally, I just removed the mixer and started kneading the dough with my hands. Gosh, its really hard work. My hands really felt like coming out. After kneading, I had to cover the dough and leave it to double in size. This is how it looked like after kneading. Don't look too good as I dint not knead long enough. No energy. heheh


After that I had to knead again. and then leave it for a while and then put it on a tray and leave it again and the finally put it in the oven.

Ohhhh the smell of bread baking in the over was wonderful. The outcome.



No comments: