Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Ikan Bakar

A colleague of mine brought us for lunch to this delicious Ikan Bakar yesterday. Actually he brought us here once before, but that time another colleague of mine was on leave. We told her how good it was and she insisted on having it yesterday. So, here we are again. It is just a little shack by the roadside err somewhere near Segambut Dalam or something like that. My colleague and I were planning on remembering the roads and how to get to this place but after I passed the 'Hockey Stadium' then I am lost. It was turn left, straight, right and I forgot. Anyway, we finally reached the place, and we quickly got a place to sit. It can get pretty crowded, so go early. Before we went, one of my colleague already said she wanted to order two fishes.

This is how the place looks like. Anyone been here? The food is on your left and places to sit are on your right.


They have lots of varieties. Beef Rendang, Curry Fish, and lots of green vegetables and also ulams. The last time I came, I took their rendang and 1 ikan pari. Phone camera was out that time so did not manage to take any pics. This time I took rice with a bit of nanka (jackfruit) cooked in curry with santan (masak lemak) - delicious

I took 2 fishes also. A stingray (Pari) and Hardtail Scad Fish (Cencaru)


Half eaten cencary, as I took off the skin before I remember to take a picture. hehehe

The fish cost RM4 per piece for a small fish and the big one is RM5 per fish. My rice is RM0.60. The two fishes cost me RM8.00.

The above is their sauce. Once is black, the other is chilly with onions, lime. Goes so well with the Ikan Bakar.

They even have squids cooked in sambal, which came out later. One of my colleague took it and shared it with us. She took 2 fishes first and when she finished it, she went to take another one, because she says she won't know how to come again, unless, our colleague bring her. So must eat until satisfied.



No comments: