Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sg Klau, Pahang

Went to the orchard at Sg Klau, Pahang with hubby over the weekend, to get durians. We stopped at Bentong to have breakfast first. They have a stall selling ‘chee chap chok’ (pig intestines porridge) which was quite good. I was so looking forward to it. Too bad the shop didn’t open that day, so we opt for the next coffee shop which had a variety of things.

I ordered the pork noodles and hubby ordered the ‘wan tan mee’. Food was very disappointing. I didn’t even finish my noodles, the first bite I had of the pork was ‘smelly’, not fresh. According to hubby his ‘wan tan mee’ was ‘OUT’ also.

After breakfast we left for Sg, Klau. After checking on the durians there, hubby brought me to one of the coffeeshops nearby to eat again. Hehehe. I had curry laksa, which was not too bad – had it the last time I was there also. It came with ‘tow foo pok’ & ‘char siew’. No chicken, like what they usually put in curry laksa.

This is the coffee shop I went to.

After breakfast again, we went to the orchard to get our durians. While I was waiting for hubby to finish checking on the durians, I smelt something funny, it was a kind of sourish smell, doesn’t really smell bad. I was looking around to see where the smell came from, was it ‘cowdung’ or hmmmmmmmmm. Anyway after that hubby told me that there were drying cocoa and the smell was of cocoa. Ohhhhhhhh.

The man drying his cocoa

No comments: