Monday, July 14, 2008

Baking

Only started baking in the afternoon. In the morning, kids had Sunday School. After that we went to Carrefour to pick up some groceries. Went home, hubby cooked lunch. I finally managed to start baking at about 2pm. Wanted to bake a durian sponge cake. (something like bon bon…….. very ambitious yah.) Got the recipe from Happy Home Baking. Very easy, very fast. Made the sponge cake first. Durian filling later. Everything done, I put the cake in the over to bake about 30 – 35 mins. Tringggg, alarm went off, my cake was ready, looked through the over door, my heart sank, the cake didn’t rise. My cake was a failure. What am I going to do. No cake for hubby, boohoohoo.

Was trying to think of where to get a cake for hubby, finally thought of a cake which is easy and fast, one which I had made before. Durian cake. Quickly measured the ingredients, put in the mixer and then put in the oven. Cake came out beautifully. Mmmmmm yummy.
Ta Da my Durian Cake

No comments: