Friday, July 4, 2008

Chocolate Cake

Today my friend who got me the chocolate's to try yesterday got me a durian chocolate cake. It was delicious. The chocolate was creamy and the durian filling inside was ohhh so yummy. I think they used the bitter kind of durian flesh (just the way I like it). The cake was really really rich. Brought it home and shared the cake with my daughter, my son didn’t want to try.

The first picture showed the whole cake, (you can see the back part of the cake is gone.) As usual I forgot to take a picture of the cake even though I was reminding myself to do so.... as usual. The temptation was just too great. hehe. Remembered just in time to take pictures of it after I had my first bite. The second picture (sorry it’s a bit blur) is a half eaten cake, where you can see the durian flesh inside. Mmmmm.



Went for dinner at Restaurant Kam Heong in State today. It is located next to UOB Bank. It is one of the famous place for ‘Stewed Duck’ in PJ. During weekends it tends to get crowded until you hardly get a place to sit. Once I went there on a Saturday at about 8+pm and all the ducks were sold out. Phewww. The duck rice is sold only in the night.

Other than duck, they also have mushrooms, pork leg, 'harm choy'(pickled vege), pig's intestine...yummy. They also have a stall selling satay there.



This is what we ordered. Also ordered eggs and pork leg.

In the mornings the restaurant is famous for their porridge and prawn mee and also wan tan mee. They do have other varieties as well. It also tends to get crowded in the mornings and you won’t be able to get a place to sit unless you go there early @ 8am.

No comments: