Friday, June 13, 2008

cont’ of trip to Tasik Kenyir


When I came back to work after my trip , some of my colleagues asked what I did there (since I was there for so long). Told them I fished and fished and fished. Every morning after breakfast we would start fishing and then we would have lunch and after that continue to fish then it would be time for dinner and after that continue fishing. Hehehehe. They looked at me with disbelief. Told them for someone who enjoys fishing you will never get enough of it.

While waiting for the fishes to bite, everyone will be just sitting around, chatting. One ear will be on the conversation and one ear will belistening for the ‘crack’ sound (that is made when someone uses a multiplier). When the fish takes the bait and pulls on the line, the reel will make a crack crack sound and everyone rushes to see which rod is bending and of course take it and try to hook the fish. Everyone will be very excited when someone lands a fish. But of course it’s not only fishing lah. In the evenings we do take the speedboat out to go sightseeing or to one of the many rivers there and ‘bathe’. It was a really relaxing and eventful trip. In fact, before the trip I didn’t even fell like going as I was thinking to myself what I was going to do there. I had packed my gameboy and 3 novels in case I got bored. Once there I never even took my gameboy out. One of the novels which I was reading halfway never even reached the end, I was to engrossed in trying to catch a fish or should I say fishes. The feeling you get when you hook and reel in a fish is exhilarating. It is something that is hard to describe. I already miss it and am waiting for our next trip there. My friends are already planning to go in August. Asking us whether we have crossed our calendar.

No comments: